Bedford Town Memorial Tree

Community Garden

The first memorial tree was planted at the suggestion of Mrs. Harry Blood, President of the Bedford Garden Club in 1937. The tree was dedicated in 1947 as a living memorial to the community’s men and women who served in the armed forces. Over the years, the Bedford Garden Club has conscientiously cared for the tree and its replacements first in front of the Bedford Town Hall, and currently in front of the Bedford Presbyterian Church at the intersection of Bedford Center Road and Church Road. This tree is pruned and trimmed with clear lights and lit from approximately December 1st through the first week of January.

BGC members (from left) John Herper, President Jeanne Popielarz, and Donna Guibord gather in front of the memorial tree that honors those serving in the armed forces

BGC members (from left) John Herper, President Jeanne Popielarz, and Donna Guibord gather in front of the memorial tree that honors those serving in the armed forces

2016-memorial-tree-lit-at-night